Tuesday, February 13, 2007

finally some free time...

hello to all! it's 13 feb and less than 24 hours to Valentine's Day!! not that I have a valentine, but I'm proud to say that I've tried baking for the very first time with Betty Crocker's, and it indeed is quite a success!!!! I'm sorry I don't have a picture of my Betty+Jane cookies as I've packed them into the valentine packets for my friends already...



as i'm typing this, I'm waiting for the pictures to upload kekeke :) so you guys can see my valentine's day gift!! :) I'm really happy about baking you know!!! And...I hope to try baking some cake or pie the next time round... so exciting!! :P and a bonus, i will add a photo of my messy table. This is for you to pray that I will become more organised and neater!! :P

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Anyway, I'm really thankful that God heard the cry that I needed some time to write some letters, do some cookies, plus here and there type my blogger because I really haven't been updating often and much...but I'm so overloaded by readings -- imagine trying to catch up for 4 different modules, it's utterly insane! And you know what?! :D

School closed early because of the snow and I think there'll be a snowstorm coming soon, according to Justin. haha. Snow's no longer something I look forward to because it makes my hair wet and flat after some time. It's not that bad when you have a cap on, but after some time, my hair still becomes flat and it looks awful! But snow is really beautiful and white and pure... It's my 3rd or 4th time seeing snow already hee... :p but I really can't wait for Spring to come.

Mrs Hoffman told me that Spring has all the beautiful colours. As much as snow and white which is my favourite colour is pretty, I think I'll be more thrilled by the next season, with an outburst of a variety of colours!!!! whoo!!!! I sure will post the pictures okok :p

Anyway, I think I'm gaining some weight, don't know good or not. When spring comes, I'd like to wear some nice clothes... hehe...so can't be too plump!! But my roomie Amy has been such a sweetie that she's been buying me pastry... and you know I'm weak with that... here's one chocolate cupcake she bought for me from cakelove in D.C... sweet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The other day she bought for me Raspberry tart but so sorry I didn't take a picture of that because I was too hungry to even stop and dig out my camera for a photo of it. haha. But it was yummy yummy...

I hope some of you will like the little surprise that I'm sending back. But because of the time constraints, I didn't manage to write to all...but yours will come soon okay... And maybe you'd get nicer stuff too...as I open my eyes for nicer pictures and stuff like that.. :p But I really thank God for everyone who's prayed for me, with me, especially during this time when I'm feeling the spiritual lows.

There are times I will feel unloved and forgotten by God really haha. Like how come good things happen to so-and-so then me leh? Hmmm. I'm still learning to go through the fiery times with God and leaning on Him, drawing on His grace to move on. Do pray for me as often, I do get bitter with God...which I feel really separates me from knowing Him and really affects my relationship with Him...

I'm starting to miss home, like finally. I miss the comfort of home, where you know everyone and everyone's nice to you. Not that I've met a whole bunch of nasty people but..haha. I don't really enjoy one of my classes, especially the group I'm in. They seem so snobbish but I know it's really not for me to judge...anyway, still did their vday gift, hope they like it :) Still learning to love lah.

For school...I've been quite stressed. I don't know why but there is so much readings to do. Just for my Asian American module alone, each week, I have an average of 40 page from my main text, average of 2 other history pieces ranging from 30-60 pages long to do. Then for International Political Relations, each week there's like 30 pages from one text and another 20 pages of scholarly literature to read!! Then for Women's Studies, AIYO! one week can read one book!! But I think I really learn alot from all these courses... I think I'm too hard on myself lah. hahaha. I know that!! I just hate the feeling of doing half hearted work so...I'm finding it hard to balance man!

Next week I've got a presentation and a quiz... I feel like just slacking through it...I was telling Justin and Amy I'm ready to stay for another semester to clear my credits if I fail... then I can do more practicums :p.

Okay. this is a really long entry with lousy punctuation!;p

If you'd like, do pray for me for the following:
1) be more obedient and not so bitter all the time, to be optimistic in hard situations, trusting that God will bring the good times around...
2) how I should spend me Summer holidays...
3) Bank draft to reach ASAP and procedures to go smoothly...
4) Strength to be able to do my work!!!
5) Granny and family's salvation, plus good opportunities to share the Gospel
6) Time to write home to granny and aunty... and friends of course...

Hmmmmm...continue to tag and send me emails, to update me on your lives ok?? :P

In love, Jane.

No comments: